



As you can see in the pictures, Micah and I went to an Orioles Game on Friday, August 20. They lost 2-0, but we still had fun. We got the tickets through our ward, so we knew some of the people sitting around us, and got to know some throughout the night. There were so many missionaries there! I heard from someone that it was the whole zone. It was cool to see them mingling with the crowds, handing out pass-along cards and inviting people to hear a message. We took the light-rail down to the game and back, which was good, except waiting for a train afterward was a hassle. It was a warm night, but luckily not TOO humid. Still, I was stickier than I like to be. I took one of the pictures with Micah's school in the background behind him. Most things here are clustered around the Harbor, and then it thins out as you go farther outward. So you can see a lot of the tall buildings above the stadium.
I have been training still at work. I have a couple more weeks until I go to evening shift, which is what I signed up for. I feel like I am learning everything quickly. It helps that I know how to pull smears for hematology already. I was told that some people have to train doing that for almost a whole day! Next week I will train on Differentials, which should be a piece of cake, since I have a year of experience in that. I can't believe how few Sed Rate tests they do here. It is a little slower overall from what I'm used to, but in that area in particular, it's very different.
Well, Micah started school, and is liking it. He really likes cutting up the cadavers, so that's nice for him. I watched part of a video on some dissection, and it was too gross. At least he enjoys it! It's probably better with a fresh body... which is what he will deal with in his future job. The texture is what gets me, even just watching it in a video.
We're both happy, and healthy, and enjoying the little everyday adventures we have to look forward to. We miss everyone back home!
Looks like fun!! You two are so cute together! I'm glad Micah is enjoying his cadavers! I used to want to do that.. but now I don't think I have the stomach for it! Have fun & keep being safe!
ReplyDelete