Sunday, August 15, 2010
Nursery Teachers
Micah and I got called to be teachers in the nursery at church! We were called last week, sustained in Sacrament Meeting today, then put in the nursery where the teachers hadn't shown up, before we got set apart! It was a little nerve-racking, to say the least. As some people know, I never really liked to babysit, and other family's little kids make me nervous for some reason. There are two nursery classes right now with about 15 kids in each, and we got called so they could make a third class. We had the younger class today, and all the kids were really cute. Some had a little bit harder time being there, and others were so easy to take care of for 2 hours. You know, that many kids is so challenging. Luckily we had some parents in there, but I felt like they weren't there to babysit the other kids, just to make it more comfortably for their own. Oh, and it was really hard to understand some of the kids. I forget that by 18 months some kids don't really talk much or really do too much on their own. I guess that's some of the stuff that age is still learning. How do you teach lessons to these little ones? I could barely keep the attention of my 7-year-old primary class for 5 minutes! Well, we have a lot to learn. I know Micah is nervous, too, but we accepted the call, and now we're gonna do our best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you guys! I've always been in the primary and almost dread the day I get called to nursery. I'm like you - not too fond of watching other peoples kids and they make me nervous. I guess the time I get put in nursery is the time I should prepare for my own! I'm sure you two will be great!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog and I hope you keep updating it!! Your last trip to Gettysburg looks awesome. I want to do that one day!!
And tell Micah - Don't give props to the kitty!! That was honestly so scary!!
Micah-I know how much you LOVE kids. This ought to be good birth control for you. I'm glad you made it to the Omaha Zoo-it's awesome-I miss that zoo.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad you guys are blogging! I like to hear what you're up to. Good luck in nursery.
ReplyDelete