Friday, August 13, 2010

Scenic Drive

A little update:
Micah and I went on a scenic drive on the motorcycle up to a reservoir and watched the sunset the other day. It was really pretty, and there were geese everywhere. Then we kept driving and saw some huge mansions. They were pretty fun to see, and it was a really nice drive. On the way home we stopped to watch the fireflys in a field. You can't really see them in the picture, but it was really cool. We've had the opportunity to see them before, but this was crazy how many were all together, like glitter.


Micah finished his summer class and did well on his final. He only had to get a 70% on the test to get an A grade in the course, but his score was somewhere in the 90s.
I started my job this week. Orientation was a little difficult, since I've learned a lot about the usual stuff before. The really interesting part was when the Rabbi came to let us know what it's like to work in a Jewish hospital. I've never really had contact with a Jewish community before, so I took the opportunity to learn a little more about their culture and traditions. Then I got started training the last couple days in my department, which is the lab. I started in Coagulation and Blood Gas Analysis, which is surprisingly easy for me to pick up. Maybe because the machines are a little more simple and not so finnicky.
Tomorrow we plan to go to Gettysburg, so we'll probably get up a little earlier than a usual Saturday. We haven't been feeling so good lately, though so we'll see. I'm sure I'll blog about it when we go. That's about all we've been up to.
Oh! We met with the Bishop last week, and he encouraged us to reach out to some of the other new couples and families in our ward. We will really need to, since they asked us to serve as Nursery teachers, and we'll be so out of touch of what's going on in the Ward. Sometime soon, we need to make a trip down to the temple in Washington, DC. Probably sometime when we can spend the day there and do the visitor center thing, but hopefully before Micah's evil anatomy class takes over...

No comments:

Post a Comment